The Deputy County Attorney may allow the defendant to enter into the Pinal County Attorney’s Adult Diversion Program. Program participation is contingent on a defendant’s eligibility as well as the discretion of the assigned prosecutor and the Court. For example, Program participation may not be available to violent offenders, or persons who have been convicted of prior felony crimes. Under this Program, the defendant will be required to sign a contract, whereby he/she admits to committing the crime and agrees to abide by certain conditions for a period of time, including paying restitution to the victim.
Participation in and completion of targeted professional counseling, treatment or other interventions*.
- Community service
- Full payment of restitution
- Monthly supervision fee
*Defendant pays for the counseling, treatment and other referred services.
- Dismissal of charges (no conviction)
- Targeted intervention avoids the chance of repeating criminal behavior in the future.
- Ease the strain on the overpopulated prisons
- Defendant paying costs of treatment, saves the state the costs resulting from imprisonment as well as the diversion program.
Contact the Pinal County Attorney Diversion Officer to learn more about available programs at: 520-866-6271 or PCAdiversion@Pinal.gov